You can also add flavorings like minced ginger and garlic and toppings such as chicken or mushrooms. The flavor possibilities are only limited by your imagination and the ingredients in your kitchen. Congee is regarded as the ultimate Chinese comfort food, according to the author Fuchsia Dunlop This recipe for ji zhou or chicken congee, from her book on Jiangnan regional cuisine, is dead simple and satisfying Serve it with chicken and soy sauce for a late-night Shanghai-style snack.
Ingredients of Chinese Chicken Congee for Breakfast
- You need 1 of Chicken breast.
- It's 1 tea spoon of Salt (for chicken).
- Prepare 2 slices of Ginger.
- Prepare 2 table spoon of Sesame oil.
- You need 1 cup of Rice (I used Japanese rice).
- You need 8 cups of Hot water.
- You need To taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Leek or any other vegetable for topping.
- You need 1 of Ready made deep fried tofu (if it's available).
- It's 2 table spoon of Soy sauce (for deep fried tofu).
Chinese Chicken Congee for Breakfast step by step
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt on both sides of the chicken..
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and stir fry thin-sliced ginger. When it becomes fragrant, add 1 cup of rice and coat the surface of rice..
- Once the rice becomes transparent, add hot water(be careful!)..
- Add chicken and bring to a boil. Once it becomes boiling, turn to the small heat and cover with a lid. Heat for 40 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!.
When I was young, Mama Lin often cooked congee for breakfast on the weekend, and we'd eat leftovers for lunch or dinner. Our Keto Chicken Congee is a delicious and comforting Chinese "rice" porridge. We've swapped out the rice for cauliflower to keep the carbs low. Congee is often eaten for breakfast or served when someone is sick, in the same way that we might serve up Chicken Soup. CHICKEN CONGEE [China] [chinasichuanfood] [rice porridge, okayu, zengayu, shichibugayu, zosui, congee, conjee, hsan byok, huin juk, jook, juk, kanji, bubur, khao piak, lugaw, arroz caldo, canja, kenda, chok, khao tom kui, chao].
Get Latest Recipe : HOME